World’s Highest Terrestrial Research Centre in Ladakh [ Current Affairs ]
The world’s Highest Terrestrial Research Centre is established near Pengong Lake at Changla in Ladakh by defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It is recognized as extreme Altitude Research Centre is located at 17, 600 feet above mean sea level and was inaugurated by Director General of DRDO Dr S Christopher.
- This centre will help as a natural cold storage for conserving endangered and rare medical plants for future generations.
- Large number of Life Sciences happenings will be undertaken at this centre.
- It will be as an important usefulness for research work in frontal areas of food and agriculture and bio - medical sciences.
- It is for well - being of the soldiers deployed in high altitude cold desert.
- It will also provide exclusive chance for evaluation and testing of electronics and communication devices.
- Published on: October 13, 2015