Zhanna Nemtsova achieved Solidarity award in Poland [ Current Affairs ]
About Zhanna Nemtsova: Zhanna Nemtsova born 26th March 1984 in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. She is a Russian journalist and social activist. His father is Russian statesman Boris Nemtsov who was killed by Russian propaganda in 2014 and her mother is investor Raisa Ahmetovna.
- Nemtsova graduated from Moscow State Institute of International Relations and reach at the second level studies of law.
- She has works as Co - worker of Echo at Moscow broadcasting.
- Presently, she is working for Berlin based German broadcaster Deutsche Welle in the Russian department.
- Nemtsova received the Solidarity Prize in Poland for advocating democracy and human rights On August 4, 2015.
About Solidarity Award:
- Solidarity Award is polish award for promotion and protection of democracy and civil authorities.
- It was established by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Poland in 2014.
- The prize is named after former Polish President and anti - communist icon leader Lech Walesa, who had launched trade union named Solidarity trade union.
- This award also provide prize of 1 million Euros.
- In 2014, this award was also received by Mustafa Dzhemilev who is leader of the Crimean Tatars. He was also nominated several times for the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Published on: August 7, 2015