Zomato acquires cloud-based data firm MaplePOS [ Current Affairs ]
Online restaurant guide Zomato announced the acquisition of MaplePOS which based on a cloud-based point of sale product for restaurants developed by a group of techies from Delhi. Gurgaon based Zomato has already renamed the MaplePOS product to ‘Zomato Base’ which will help the company and its restaurant partners to manage business into online orders and payments.
- Foodiebay.com was renamed Zomato.com in November 2010. Zomato launched applications for iOs, Anroid, window phone and BlackBerry devices in 2011.
- MaplePos is App for sale product offers various features of restaurants such as inventory and menu management, and has in-built payment solution to accept debit and credit card payments.
- Zomato was founded in July 2008 and it headquartering New Delhi. Zomato is online restaurant search and discovery service proving information on home delivery.
- In May 2012, Zomato also launched a print versoin of the content on the website in collaboration with Citibank.
- Published on: April 16, 2015