15th January known as Indian Army Day [ Current Affairs ]
Indian Army Day is celebrated every year on 15th January in India. This year it will be the 68th Indian Army Day. Significance of Day: On this day, Lt. General Kodandera Madappa Cariappa became the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army of the independent India in 1949 by succeeding British Army General Roy Butcher who was last British Commander-in-Chief of India.
- It is celebrated to inspire the corps to continue to develop the glorious traditions of the Indian Army with their commitment and sacrifice.
- It is celebrated every year at the Army Command headquarters and national capital New Delhi by organizing army parades and many other military shows.
About Indian army:
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch similar as Air Force is the air-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces.
- The President of India serves as Commander-in-Chief of the army and it is instructed by the Chief of Army Staff who is a four-star General.
- Published on: January 18, 2016