1st Phase of Smart Ganga City Programme Launched in 10 Cities [ Current Affairs - Economics ]
Union Government has been launched ’Smart Ganga City’ programme in 10 cities. This programme launched by Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu and Uma Bharti. Smart Ganga City programme in 10 cities located along to Ganga to set up sewage treatment plants (STPs).
- The first 40% of the project cost will be paid by the government annually over a fixed period to the developer.
- Remaining 60% distributed on the basis of the quality of the asset created.
- The programme will be completely sponsored by Centre.
- In future government also expand the Smart Ganga City programme to other cities involves Agra.
- While government doing river front development works they require keep in mind local biodiversity and culture.
- Union Ministry is an important part of this programme.
- Union Ministry expressed the hope that Namami Gange programme having adopted hybrid annuity mode based on PPP model will be a great success.
- It also improve drainage network on the public private partnership basis.
- Name of ten cities chosen for the first phase of the project are:
- Published on: August 16, 2016