2015-16 Irani Cup Cricket Title Won by the Rest of India [ Current Affairs ]
The Irani Cup Cricket Title 2015 - 16 has been won by the Rest of India by beating Mumbai in the final match of the cup with four wickets. Rest of India fixed the record of victory target of 480 by making 482 for 6 on the fifth and final day in the final match played at Bra Bourne Stadium in Mumbai.
- In the Irani Cup history this was the best-ever run-chase ever.
- It has broken previous 424 runs of Rest of India, careering target set by Delhi at the Ferozshah Kotla in 1982 - 83.
About Irani Cup:
- The Irani Cup tournament was started in 1959 - 60 season to mark the completion of 25 years of the Ranji Trophy championship.
- It is named after the late Zal R Irani, associated member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) from its beginning in 1928 till his death in 1970.
- The tournament is played between the previous year’s Ranji Trophy winners and the Rest of India Team.
- ZR Irani was the long time accountant of the BCCI and a keen patron of the cricket.
- Published on: March 11, 2016