2015 Costa Novel Award has been won by Kate Atkinson [ Current Affairs ]
The 2015 Costa novel award has been won by the British writer Kate Atkinson for her novel “A God in Ruins”. And she has created history for British by becoming the first British author to receive a Costa prize three times. Previously she had won it for “Life After Life” (2013) and “Behind the Scenes at the Museum” (1995).
Other winners of 2015 Costa Book Awards
- Costa biography award: Andrea Wulf for ‘The Invention of Nature: The Adventures of Alexander Von Humboldt, The Lost Hero of Science’.
- Costa children’s book award: Frances Hardinge for ‘The Lie Tree’.
- Costa Poetry Award: Don Paterson for ‘40 Sonnets’.
- Costa First Novel Award: Andrew Michael Hurley for ‘The Loney’.
About Costa Book Awards
- It was started from 1971 as the Whitbread Book Awards.
- And then in 2006 it was renamed as Costal Book Awards.
- It is presented annually to writers based in Britain and Ireland
The awards are presented for both high literary merit and enjoyable in different five book award categories
- First novel
- Children’s book
- Published on: January 8, 2016