2015 Lorenzo Natali Media Prize has been won by Ankita Anand [ Current Affairs ]
The prestigious Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for 2015 under Asia and the Pacific–Amateur category has been won by Delhi-based Journalist-writer Ankita Anand for her article ‘Stirrings beneath the peepul’ published in the journal The Equator Linel.
- In this article she had describe the risk of chap panchayats which young women’s are facing in Haryana in their life.
About Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
- This prize was founded in 1992 by the European Commission’s Directorate-General to promote development, human rightsand democracy and help lift developing countries out of poverty
- It has been named after the former European Commissioner for Economic Cooperation and Development and Enlargement Lorenzo Natali.
- This award carries prize money of 5000 euros and trophy.
- It was launched under the motto ‘Today’s stories can change our tomorrow’.
- It is given to media articles, blogs and broadcasts which are mainly focus on development and poverty eradication.
- From 2011 the prize is open to print, online or broadcast reporters worldwide.
The grand prize is a special TV prize and a special radio prize are awarded together with three prizes for print and online journalists in each of the following five sections:
- The Arab World and the Middle East
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Special television prize: EUR 5 000
- Special radio prize: EUR 5 000
- Regional 1st prize: EUR 5 000
- Regional 2nd prize: EUR 2 500
- Regional 3rd prize: EUR 1 500
- Published on: January 19, 2016