2016 Assembly Election Results of Kerala [ Current Affairs ]
The 2016 Kerala Assembly Election has been won by the coalition of Left Democratic Front (LDF) with the absolute majority by winning 91 seats with 44.94 % votes of the total 140 seats.
- 58 seats has emerged single largest party which is Communist Party of India (Marxist) from the LDF.
Other LDF winners:
- Communist Party of India: 19 seats.
- Janata Dal (Secular): 3 seats.
- Nationalist Congress Party: 2 seats.
- Other LDF supporters: 9 seats.
The United Democratic Front (UDF) led by withdrawing Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has arisen as largest opposition front by winning total 47 seats with 45.83 % votes).
Party wise result:
- Indian National Congress: 22 seats.
- Indian Union Muslim League: 18 seats.
- Kerala Congress (M): 6 seats.
- Kerala Congress (Jacob): 1 seat.
BJP opens account in Kerala
- By winning single seat from the Nemom constituency Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) for the first time has managed to open an account in Kerala, a suburb of state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
- BJP has secure 10.60 % votes in this election and O Rajagopal (86) former Union minister has won with over 8000 votes and with this he becomes first BJP MLA in Kerala’s 140-member assembly history.
- 14th Kerala legislative assembly general election was held on 16th May 2016 in single phase to designate representatives of the 140 constituencies.
- The numbers of votes in this edition of assembly election was higher at 77.35 per cent as compared to 75.12 per cent in the previous 2011 general election.
- Published on: May 20, 2016