2016 Chennai Open title has been won by Stan Wawrinka [ Current Affairs ]
The 2016 Chennai Open title of tennis has been won by the World No. 4 Stanislaus Wawrinka from Switzerland by beating Aljaz Bedene from Slovenia with 6 - 3, 6 - 4 score. With this he had won ATP Chennai Open title for 3 times continually in 2014, 2015 and 2016, and overall fourth time, first won it in 2011.
- He has won US $75, 700 and won 250 ranking points by winning this match.
About Chennai Open title
- The Chennai Open is a professional tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts.
- It is currently part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour.
- In the month of January at the SDAT Tennis Stadium in Chennai, Tamil Nadu it is organized annually from 1996.
- It is preserved by IMG and organized by IMG Reliance.
About Stan Wawrinka
- Born on 28 March 1985.
- He represents Switzerland in tennis.
- He has won two Grand Slam singles titles in 2014 Australian Open and the 2015 French Open, and has reached a world ranking of no. 3.
- In 2008 Summer Olympics he won a gold medal for Switzerland in the men’s doubles event partnership with Roger Federer, and was part of the Swiss team that won the Davis Cup in 2014.
- Published on: January 11, 2016