2016 Chinese Grand Prix Has Been Won by Nico Rosberg [ Current Affairs ]
The 2016 Chinese Grand Prix has been won by the Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany which was held at the Shanghai International Circuit. The 2016 season is the third race of the Chinese Grand Prix title race of Formula One in which total 11 teams had participated.
- It was Rosberg’s overall seventeenth championship title of F1 in his career and the third successive win in the 2016 season.
Result of 2016 Chinese Grand Prix:
- First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team.
- Second Position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari team.
- Third Position: Daniil Kvyat (Russia) of Red Bull Team.
- Fourth Position: Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) of Red Bull team.
- Fifth Position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Ferrari Team.
- Eleventh Position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India team.
- Fifteenth Position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India team.
- Top 3 teams are:
- Red Bull
About Nico Rosberg:
- He was born on June 27, 1985.
- He races for the German flag in Formula One, and has also temporarily competed for Finland.
- He went on to become the first driver to win the GP2 title.
- Awards and achievements:
- Youngest driver to set the fastest lap i. e. 20 years
- 258 days in 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix award
- Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2011
- 2014 FIA Pole Position Trophy
About Chinese Grand Prix:
- The is a round of the Formula One World Championship. Chinese Grand Prix
- It is presently held at the Shanghai International Circuit, Jiading, Shanghai, designed by Hermann Tilke.
- It was the most expensive Formula One circuit facility, costing $240 million when it is completed in 2004.
- And Abu Dhabi became the most expensive at $6bn when it opened in 2009.
- The track is 5.451 km long and landscapes one of the complicated angles combinations on the Formula One calendar, comparable to that of Istanbul Park’s turn 8, also designed by Tilke.
- Published on: April 18, 2016