2016 Colby Award won by Nisid Hajari for Best Military Book [ Current Affairs ]
Nisid Hajari is well-known Indian writer and he is currently managing the editorial page of Bloomberg News’ Asia reporting for Bloomberg View. He had also worked as a top editor at Newsweek International and Newsweek magazine in New York for 10 years, before joining Bloomberg.
- He also helped in creating TIME’s first Asian publication in Hong Kong from 1997 to 2001.
- He had also worked as a reporter on foreign affairs for international news channels like BBC, CNN and National Public Radio.
- He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
About his other achievement:
- He had won 2 General Excellence Awards from the Society of Publishers in Asia.
About winning of 2016 Colby Award:
- Nisid Hajari has won the prestigious 2016 William E. Colby Award for his book Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition.
- It is based on partition history of India and Pakistan in 1947.
About William E. Colby Award:
- William E. Colby Award is an annual award given by the William E. Colby Military Writers’ Symposium Norwich University in 1999.
- This award named after former Central Intelligence Agency Director William Egan Colby.
- The award carries US 5000 dollars which is provided through a grant from the Chicago-based Tawani Foundation.
- Published on: February 1, 2016