2016 Pulitzer Prize: List of Winners and Other Key Details [ Current Affairs ]
The Pulitzer Prize 2016 is won by the Sympathizer, a debut novel of Vietnamese American professor Viet Thanh Nguyen. Two prestigious Pulitzer Prize has won by Associated Press in Public Service for coverage for an investigation of severe labour exploitations tied to the supply of seafood to American supermarkets and restaurants.
List of 2016 Pulitzer Prize Winners
- Fiction: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen.
- Drama: Hamilton by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- History: Custer’s Trials: A Life on the Frontier of a New America by T. J. Stiles.
- Biography: Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan.
- Poetry: Ozone Journal by Peter Balakian.
- Music: In for a Penny, In for a Pound by Henry Threadgill.
- Public Service: Associated Press.
- Breaking News Reporting: Los Angeles Times Staff.
- Investigative Reporting: Leonora LaPeter Anton and Anthony Cormier of the Tampa Bay Times and Michael Braga of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- Explanatory Reporting: Christian Miller of ProPublica and Ken Armstrong of The Marshall Project.
- Local Reporting: Michael LaForgia, Cara Fitzpatrick and Lisa Gartner of the Tampa Bay Times.
- National Reporting: The Washington Post Staff.
- International Reporting: Alissa J. Rubin of The New York Times.
- Feature Writing: Kathryn Schulz of The New Yorker.
- Commentary: Farah Stockman of The Boston Globe.
- Criticism: Emily Nussbaum of The New Yorker.
- Pulitzer Prize: It honours the unexpected work in US journalism, drama, literature and other areas. It also transports welcome consideration and gratitude to newspapers and websites.
- Published on: April 21, 2016