2016 Russian Grand Prix Has Been Won by Nico Rosberg [ Current Affairs ]
2016 Russian Grand Prix has been won by German Formula One Driver Nico Rosberg from Mercedes team which was held at the Sochi Autodrom in Sochi, Russia. With this Rosberg has won fourth consecutive win in the 2016 season and overall eighteenth championship title of F1 in his career.
- Russian Grand Prix was the fourth race of the 2016 season of Formula One.
- In this total 11 teams had taken part and were opposed over fifty-three laps.
Result of 2016 Russian Grand Prix
- First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team.
- Second Position: Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom) of Mercedes team.
- Third Position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Ferrari team.
- Fourth Position: Valtteri Bottas (Finland) of Williams team.
- Fifth Position: Felipe Massa (Brazil) of Williams team.
- Ninth Position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India team.
- Top 3 teams are:
About Russian Grand Prix:
- The Russian Grand Prix is a yearly auto race held at Sochi Aerodrome a street circuit built about Olympic Park in Sochi, Russia, as part of the Formula One World Championship.
- The race was first held for a moment in the 1910s in St. Petersburg of the Russian Empire.
- For the 1983 season as the Grand Prix of the Soviet Union, these plans fell through; the plans were made to host a Formula One event in Moscow.
- It was authoritatively publicized that the Russian city of Sochi, which was also preparing to host the 2014 Winter Olympics, will host a new event on the F1 schedule beginning in the 2014 Formula One season under a seven-year deal in 2010.
About Nico Rosberg:
- He was born on June 27, 1985.
- He races for the German flag in Formula One, and has also temporarily competed for Finland.
- He went on to become the first driver to win the GP2 title.
- Awards and achievements:
- Youngest driver to set the fastest lap i. e. 20 years, 258 days in 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix award
- Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2011
- 2014 FIA Pole Position Trophy
- Published on: May 3, 2016