2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy has been won by Milos Raonic [ Current Affairs ]
The 2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy in the men’s single category has been won by World No. 14 Milos Raonic from Canada at the finals played at Brisbane (Australia). He win the trophy by beating Roger Federer (world No. 3) from Switzerland by 6–4, 6–4 score.
- With this he has secure his 8th of his career and 1st of the 2016 season.
- In Men’s double category Henri Kontinen (Finland) and John Peers (Australia) have won the 2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy by beating Australian team of James Duckworth and Chris Guccione with 7–6, 7–4, 6–1 score.
About Brisbane International
- The is a professional tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts in Brisbane, Queensland formed in 1970. Brisbane International
- It is part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour and of the WTA Premier tournaments of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) Tour.
- It is held just before the first Grand Slam tournament of the season, the Australian Open.
- It is annually organized in January at the Queensland Tennis Centre.
- It is owned by Tennis Australia.
Brisbane International tournaments are organized for
- Men’s singles
- Women’s singles
- Men’s doubles
- Women’s double
- Published on: January 11, 2016