2016 World Risk Index: India at 77th Position [ Current Affairs ]
India ranked at 77th from the list of 171 countries in the 2016 World Risk Index (WRI) which is recently released by the United Nations University Institute for Environment (UNUIE) and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft in cooperation with the collaboration of University of Stuttgart in Germany.
- The analysis is done as part of the World Risk Report 2016.
Key highlights of Report
- The Index is prepared based on measurement of disaster risk of countries by analyzing natural dangers such as floods, cyclones, or earthquakes and societal vulnerabilities.
- A disaster take place where critical infrastructure is lacking and logistic chains are week which increases risk of deserter.
- The Island state of Vanuatu ranked at 1st position in this Index.
- Bangladesh at 5th
- Sri Lanka at 63rd
- Pakistan at 72th
- China at 85th
- Nepal at 108th
- Published on: August 30, 2016