24th April Celebrated as National Panchayati Raj Day [ Current Affairs ]
Every year 24th April is celebrated as National Panchayati Raj Day across India by Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India first National Panchayati Raj Day in 2010.
About National Panchayati Raj Day:
- It also observed as passing of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 came into force with effect from 24th April 1992.
- It had tracked a major moment in the history of India which helped in reorganization of political power to the grassroots level.
- In turn it had led to institutionalization of Panchayati Raj through the village, Intermediate and District level Panchayats.
- Every year on this day Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj organizes National Conference to commemorate the National Panchayati Raj Diwas.
- Best performing Gram Panchayats are conferred with Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar by the Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Anamendment is a formal or official change made to a law, contract, constitution or other legal documents.
- They are repeatedly used when there is need of change the document than to write a new one.
- Published on: April 25, 2016