25 June is Being Observed as a Day of the Seafarer [ Current Affairs ]
25 June is being observed as the day of the Seafarer every year as an expression of thanks to the seafarers for their contribution to the economy and civil society of the world. The performance of the day also recognizes the risks and subjective costs borne by seafarers actuality in their jobs.
- “At Sea for All” is the theme of 2016.
- It best part is seafarers serve at sea not just for their own career or for the shipping industry or but for all of us.
- With the 2016 World Maritime Day (WMD) the theme has a strong association theme, “Shipping: indispensable to the world”.
- On June 25 the Day of the Seafarer supposed was selected by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in 2010.
- In 2011 for the first time it was experiential and ever since then it is experiential annually.
- The Day of the Seafarers has also been comprised in the list of performances by United Nations.
- The day recognizes that virtually everything that we procedure in our daily exists has been right or incidentally connected with sea transport.
- About 90 % of the world’s goods employment is approved out done ships as per IMO.
International Maritime Organization (IMO):
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) is known as the Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO).
- IMO is a specialized agency of the United Nations accountable for modifiable shipping until 1982.
- In 1948 the IMO was recognized in Geneva and came into strength ten years later, meeting for the first time in 1959.
- It’s headquartered is located at London, United Kingdom.
- The IMO has three Associate Members and 171 Member States.
- Published on: June 28, 2016