27 Cities Selected for Smart Cities Mission in 3rd Stage [ Current Affairs ]
27 cities have been selected by the Union Ministry of Urban Development from 12 States for the third phase of Smart Cities Mission based on the scores of the Smart City Challenge competition in which total 63 cities had participated.
- Amritsar of Punjab state has topped the list with highest score in the competition. And five cities of Maharashtra state is selected so, Maharashtra becomes highest cities listed in smart cities project phase 3.
- In this highest cities listed raw Tamil Nadu and Karnataka placed at second place with four-four cites each whereas Uttar Pradesh is placed at third sport with three cities and forth place is reserved by Rajasthan and Punjab with two cites each.
- Cities from Nagaland and Sikkim states get place in this list for the first time.
- In the first batch 20 cities were listed which was released in January 2016 and 13 cities were included in the second batch of the smart cities project.
- After the third batch total 60 cities are selected for the Smart Cities Mission.
- 27 shortlisted smart cities (Rank wise) are:
State / UT
- Published on: September 21, 2016