2nd National Handloom Day Celebrated in Varansi [ Current Affairs ]
Second National Handloom Day celebrated on August 7 in all over country. Union ministry of textiles marked the 2nd National Handloom Day with the number of event in Varansi. Smriti Zubin Irani was the Chief Guest on the occasion.
The many union ministers are attained this event:
- Minister of State (Independent charge) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- Uttar Pradesh Textile Minister Mehaboob Ali
- Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta
- Development Commissioner (Handlooms) Alok Kumar
- Union minister facilitating the winners of Sant Kabir National Handloom Awards (2015).
- It’s also distributed MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) loans to the weavers during the event.
- Union minister Smriti Irani announced to allow new building for six common facility centres (CFCs) in Varansi.
- Textile ministry signed a MOA with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Skill improvement of handloom weavers for this purpose the agreement was sign through the Weavers Service Centres (WSCs).
- It also signs MoUs with National Institute of Open Schooling and Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Its purpose is to provide education facilities to:
- Weavers and designer institutes
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Fashion Design Council of India
- To promote hand-woven textile
- First National Handloom Day was celebrated last year on 7th August, 2015.
- Prime Minister was the Chief Guest in the main event.
- This event was held in Chennai.
- Published on: August 9, 2016