30 September: the International Translation Day [ Current Affairs ]
International Translation Day is observed on 30th September every year since 1953. It is promoted by the Federation of Translators. As our world is becoming smaller, translators are becoming increasingly important.
- Promote the translation profession in different countries.
- Series of dedicated events, seminars, and conferences are organized in the world.
2016 theme: “Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds”
- International Federation of Translators set up International Translation Day in 1953.
- Observed annually on 30th September on the feast of St. Jerome, A Christian scholar and priest who is believed to be the first person to translate the Bible into Latin from the original Hebrew.
- Shows translation community united in an an effort to promote the translation profession worldwide.
- Published on: October 3, 2016