4th January observed as World Braille Day [ Current Affairs ]
To mark the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, inventor of Braille script or Braille code, 4 January is being observed as World Braille Day across the world every year. The main objective behind this Observance of the day is to spread the importance of Braille language and also help people to produce works in this language to allow visually impaired people to read the works.
To celebrate this day many NGOs and other organizations jointly organize some programs to increase awareness about the apathy towards blind people and to help them be equal among rest of the people.
About Louis Braille:
- He was born on 4th January 1809 in France.
- He was not blind from born he had accident at the age of three and become blind after that.
- He was the creator of the Braille script or Braille code which helps the visually impaired people to read and write.
- Braille script language is include different patterns of raised dots on paper that could be felt and one can read anything that is unable to see.
- And for writing in Braille script, people use slates and stylus and the writing technique remains the same as writing in print on paper.
- In this time nearly every Computer languages has Braille versions.
- Published on: January 8, 2016