7th Edition of India-Seychelles Joint Military Training Lamitye is Completed [ Current Affairs ]
The 7th edition of India, Seychelles joint military exercise LAMITYE 2016 is started in Victoria, Mahe Island, Seychelles. It was fourteen day exercise from February 15 to 28, 2016. Key facts: The main objective behind this joint bilateral military exercise was to increase interoperability between armies of both countries India and Seychelles jointly fighting Counter Terrorism/Counter Insurgency.
- An infantry platoon and representatives from the Special Forces has represented Indian in this exercise.
- The Tazar (Special Forces Unit) and Seychelles Infantry has represented Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF) in this exercise.
- Main concentration point of this edition is to interoperability in movements related to counter Insurgency/Terrorism and number of training activities and exercises.
- Culmination of cordon & Search operations in anti-piracy was setting enmeshed with hostage rescue operations was also conducted in the form of Exercise Sea Hunt.
- Since 2001, India and Seychelles are conducting joint military drill ‘Exercise Lamitye’.
- Lamitye in Creole means friendship.
- This exercise is conducting for the improvement in military collaboration and interoperability between the Armed Forces of both the countries.
- Published on: March 1, 2016