Adarsh Vidyalaya Project Has Been Launched by the Odisha Government [ Current Affairs ]
Adarsh Vidyalaya (AV) project has been launched by the Odisha Government to offer modern schools facilities on the lines of Kendriya Vidyalayas in the undersized rural areas of the state.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched this project at Sasan Ambagaon village in his home constituency Hinjli in Ganjam district.
Key features of the project
- Free education will be provided in Schools under AV project to the students from VI to XII classes as well as free uniforms and other study materials.
- These schools will be operated under the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Hostel facility will be also available in future.
- One Adarsh Vidyalaya will be set up in each of the 314 revenue blocks of the state under this project and the Odisha (AVS) Adarsh Vidyalaya Sangathan will be the managing body of this school.
- English will be considered as the first language and Odia will be the second language as medium of instruction in these schools.
- The implementation of the project will be in phased manner in the first phase 100 such schools will start functioning on 5 April 2016.
- In these schools ratio of teacher-students will be 1: 25 and classroom-student ratio will be 1: 40.
- 50 % of total seats will be reserved for the girls and scheduled categories in this schools.
- Published on: April 7, 2016