Adman Srinivasan Swamy Conferred with AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award [ Current Affairs ]
Srinivasan K.Swamy was conferred the Lifetime Achievement award by Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI). Popularly known as Sundar, he is a veteran of almost four decades in the advertising industry.
About Srinivasan K.Swamy
- Swamy is Chairman of R.K. Swamy Hansa, a diversified marketing communications group.
- He has served as the President of AAAI for three consecutive terms from 2004 to 2007.
- The AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Swamy on July 29, 2016, in Mumbai.
- Mr. Swamy was also President of All India Management Association during 2008-09.
- He was the President of The Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry (2008-10), Madras Management Association (2001-02) and the Advertising Club, Madras (1988-89).
- He is also Chairman of Vidyadhanam and Annadhanam Trust, a Vedic Padasala of Sri Ahobila Mutt and Trustee in the Consumers Association of India and CONCERT.
AAAI’s Lifetime Award
- In 1988, it was instituted. It is the highest recognition bestowed on an individual in India for outstanding contribution to the advertising industry.
About Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI)
- AAAI was formed in 1945. AAAI is the official, national organisation of advertising agencies to promote their interests.
- AAAI promotes professionalism, which uphold sound business practices between Advertisers and Advertising Agencies and the various media.
Objectives of AAAI
- To benefit Indian consumers and to protect their interests by helping ensure that advertising is honest and in good taste.
- The Indian advertisers by promoting their sales, increasing their sales and increasing productivity & profitability, to stimulate business and industrial activity.
- To benefit media by establishing sound business practices between advertisers and advertising agencies and each of the various media owners.
- To benefit the nation by harnessing advertising for the good of the country, its institutions, its citizens to co-operate with the Government in promoting its social objectives and in the task of nation building.
- To question advertising that is wasteful and extravagant to make it possible for the small entrepreneur to grow through advertising and to compete with the biggest to encourage market and media research to serve society by meeting its social responsibilities.
- To encourage the interest of young individuals in the business of communication, to assist in education and training programmes and to provide information of benefit to members.
- To establish a common platform in building and sustaining the prestige of the advertising profession and to serve as a spokesperson against unwarranted attacks or restrictions on advertising.
- Published on: August 3, 2016