After 27 years, India-Nepal friendship bus service resumes [ Current Affairs ]
After a gap of 27 years, A friendship bus service between India and Nepal was flagged off via Champawat district in Uttarakhand. The resumed bus service will be run between Kanchanpur in Nepal close to the Banbasa border in Champawat district and Anand Vihar in New Delhi regularly.
- For travelling in to this bus any special documents are not required.
- These buses are fully air conditioned and also provide free Wi-Fi connectivity to passengers.
- Due to the wake of the Indo-Nepal Trade and Transit Treaty the India-Nepal friendship bus service was suspended from 27 years ago.
- Usually this bus service used by the people on both sides of the border as they have family and trade relations with each other.
- Resumption of the service between the two countries after its prolonged suspension has been welcomed by locals on both sides of the border as hundreds of people travel in these buses daily from Kanchanpur district, Dandel Dhura, Voti, Sapen, Acham, Kalali, Jagbuddha and Siddhartha Nagar in Nepal.
- Published on: January 8, 2016