Air Services Agreement Has Been Signed by India, New Zealand [ Current Affairs ]
A landmark Air Services Agreement has been signed by India and New Zealand to paving the way for introduction of direct flights between the two countries. In the presence of the President Pranab Mukherjee and the New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, agreement was signed.
- The agreement will top to informal air connectivity between both countries that have reserved both business travel and people- to- people interaction in the past.
- Under the Convention of International Civil Aviation that aims to promote international air services between their respective territories the Air Services Agreement was signed.
- In recent past the two-way tourist traffic between India and New Zealand has observed sharp rise.
- Nearly 1, 75, 000 persons of Indian origin living in New Zealand, and from that 15, 000 are Indian students.
- In the last few years the two-way trade between the two countries has gathered.
- In last few years both countries are grown in terms of Business, Education and Tourism exponentially.
- Published on: May 2, 2016