Ajay Banga CEO of MasterCard is Appointed as Member of US Cybersecurity Body [ Current Affairs ]
Indian-American Ajay Banga CEO of MasterCard has been appointed as a member of the Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity by US President Barack Obama. Mr. Banga is among 10 members of the Commission including General Keith Alexander former Director of the top US spying body National Security Agency (NSA).
- In February 2016 these commission was established to make detailed commendations to support cybersecurity in both the public and private sectors while defensive privacy, confirming public safety and economic and national security.
About Ajay Banga:
- Banga has completed his graduation from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad.
- He had started his career at Nestle India as sales and management roles from 1981 to 1994.
- In 2010 he was appointed president and CEO of MasterCard.
- In 2009 as President and COO he had joined MasterCard.
- From 1996 to 2009 earlier to joining MasterCard, he held various senior management roles with Citigroup and most recently serving as CEO of Citigroup Asia Pacific.
- From 1994 to 1996 he had served as director for Marketing and Business Development at PepsiCo Restaurants International India.
- Since 2015 for Trade Policy and Negotiations he also had served as a member of the Advisory Committee.
- He also serving as a member of:
- The Board of Directors of the Dow Chemical Company
- The Board of Governors of the American Red Cross
- The Council of Foreign Relations
- At present he also serves as Chairman of the Financial Services Roundtable and Co-Chair of the American India Foundation.
- MasterCard Worldwide is an American multinational financial services corporation, its principal business is to process payments between the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks or credit unions of the procurers who use the “MasterCard” brand debit and credit cards to make purchases.
- Its headquartered is located at Purchase, New York, United States, in Westchester County and the Global Operations Headquarters is located in O’Fallon, Missouri, United States, a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Throughout the world.
- Since 2006 MasterCard Worldwide has been a publicly traded company.
- Prior to this MasterCard Worldwide was a cooperative owned by the more than 25, 000 financial institutions that issue its branded cards.
About Cybersecurity body
- In the United States government, includes commands from the Executive Branch and legislation from Congress that defenses information technology and computer systems. cybersecurity directive
- The purpose of cybersecurity regulation is to strength companies and organizations to defend their systems and information from cyber-attacks such as include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, phishing, unauthorized access etc.
- Published on: April 15, 2016