Ambitious Climate Change Action Plan Has Been Launched by the World Bank [ Current Affairs ]
The World Bank has revealed an ambitious Climate Change Action Plan (CCP) to fast-track hard work to tackle climate change over the next five years, up to 2020. It will help developing countries to bring their targets set in the national climate plans which were submitted for the historic climate agreement grasped at COP21 in Paris in December 2015.
The Action Plan mainly try to help developing countries to make major transitions in order to:
- Growth sources of renewable energy
- Develop green transport systems
- Decrease high-carbon energy sources and build sustainable
- Livable cities for growing urban populations
- Help in developing countries add 30 GWs of renewable energy.
- World Bank would emphasis on increasing universal access to early-warning systems in case of calamities to 100 million people by the year 2020.
- For 40 nations World Bank will develop climate-smart agriculture investment plans.
- Design maintainable forest plans for 50 countries and help climate-informed fisheries management by 2020.
- Bring adaptive social defense social safety nets which can speedily support people affected by a tragedy or an economic shock.
- Experimental a new approach in 15 cities that objects to increase urban resilience by mixing infrastructure, land use planning and disaster risk management.
- World Bank to increase funding up to next 5 years to make transport systems additional resistant to climate change.
- It will also finance US with 1 billion dollars to encourage energy efficiency and strong building by 2020.
- Through a coordinated approach across banking, capital and pensions markets to implement changes needed nationally and globally help to green the financial sector.
- Published on: April 11, 2016