Arab-India Co-operation’s First Ministerial Meeting Forum Held in Manama [ Current Affairs ]
At Manama, capital city of Bahrain, the first Ministerial Meeting of Arab-India Cooperation is Forum. Bahrain’s Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa has inaugurated by the meeting. It was attended by representatives of 22 Arab League nations.
- Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and also Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar will represent India in Meeting.
- The opportunity pursues to provide platform for India’s bid to reach out to West Asian nations (22 Arab League nations) to further strengthen the economic, trade and financial cooperation.
- And both countries also issued a joint statement called the Manama Declaration.
- The two sides destined terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and rejected associating it with any religion.
- They will swear to combat terrorism and termed for developing a collective strategy to eliminate its sources and its funding.
- Strongly sentenced crimes committed by all terror organizations, especially those committed by the IS.
- Both sides confirmed their respect to the freedom, dominion, unity and territorial integrity of Iraq and non-interference in its internal affairs in tackling with IS.
- The double sides discussed regional and global issues of mutual concern, including developments in the Arab region and in South Asia, counter-terrorism, United Nations Security Council (UNSC) reforms, Palestinian issue and nuclear disarmament.
- Published on: January 25, 2016