Asad Rauf Pakistan Cricket Umpire Banned for 5 Year [ Current Affairs ]
Pakistani umpire Asad Rauf has been banned for five years by The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) after its disciplinary committee found him guilty of corrupt practices. BCCI president Shashank Manohar who had headed the disciplinary committee has announced it.
- Rauf was found guilty of misconduct and corruption under multiple statutes of its BCCI Anti-Corruption Code by BCCI Committee.
- He was suspected for accepting expensive gifts from bookies besides placing bets on IPL matches in the 2013 edition.
About Asad Rauf:
- He was born on 12th May 1956 in Lahore, Pakistan.
- He is a former First-class cricketer and Test Cricket umpire.
- Rauf had also served as part of the International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) elite panel.
- He was reserved from panel by Pakistan after the allegations against him broke out.
- He had started his career in cricket from 1977.
- He had In 19998 he becomes first-class umpire.
- Published on: February 15, 2016