At Archery World Cup, Indian Team Wins One Silver and Two Bronze [ Current Affairs ]
Silver medal in the recurve team final of Archery World Cup held at the Yuanshen Stadium has been won by Indian women’s team in Shanghai, China and Women’s team include Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi Laishram and Laxmirani Majhi.
- In the finals match they lost to Chinese Taipei team by 2 - 6 score.
- Men’s trio team and mixed pair won their respective bronze playoffs in the first stage of Archery World Cup.
- Indian men’s recurve team contained of Atanu Das, Jayanta Talukdar and Mangal Singh Champia by beating British team with 6 - 0 to bag the bronze medal.
About Archery World Cup:
- The Archery World Cup is a competition which was formed in 2006 and the World Archery Federation is organization body.
- The archers contest in four different stages in four different countries and the best eight archers of each category development to an additional stage to competition the Archery World Cup Final.
- This form of struggle was announced following the success of the 2003 World Archery Championships in New York and the 2004 Summer Olympics with the determined of making the sport more general and smart to the spectators, with the competitions being held in ‘spectacular’ places and the final matches being broadcast online.
- It has received approvals for its advanced approach to the sport, raising its profile and reach.
- It carries sponsorship from Kia and Longines, which supports the annual Longines Prize of Precision for archery, for the “best male and female athletes that master bow and arrow through concentration, balance, accuracy, and skill”.
- Published on: May 2, 2016