At Davos, Switzerland World Economic Forum meeting has begun [ Current Affairs ]
At Swiss resort of Davos Switzerland, the annual World Economic Forum (WEF) meeting has started and many political leaders from 40 countries and about 2, 500 business persons from around the world has attending it.
- And the main discussion point of this edition of WEF meeting is the outlook of the global economy and measures to fight terrorism.
This is 4-day long conference.
The measure point of discussion are:
- reducing oil prices
- China’s undefined economic predictions
- issue of growing terror threats in the wake of the November 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris (France)
- Influx of migrants and refugees in Europe
- discuss environmental issues such as greenhouse gas emissions
- Possible modern efforts to improve industrial production with robotics, artificial intelligence and information technology
About World Economic Forum (WEF):
- WEF is a Swiss nonprofit foundation and it is formed in 1971, it is headquartered in Cologny, Geneva.
- It is authorities as an international institution founded by Klaus Schwab and basic idea behind formation of WEF is to improve the state of the world through public-private cooperation.
- Main agenda of WEF is to be dedicated for improvement of state of world.
- It is an independent not-for-profit organization which works in conjunction with other international organizations.
- Politician, business persons, and academies are also work with WEF to set global, regional and industrial agenda.
- Published on: January 21, 2016