August 12: International Youth Day [ Current Affairs ]
International Youth day observed on 12 August annually. International Youth day is an awareness day selected by the United Nations. The first International Youth Day observed on 12 August, 2000.
- The aim of this day is to draw attention to a given set of cultural and legal issues surrounding youth.
- It is an opportunity for government and others to draw attention to youth related issues in worldwide.
- In 1999, this Day is designated by the united nation with the adoption of Resolution.
- Youth organisation takes place in the world during the International Youth Day.
- A national and local government official includes various events like workshops, concerts, cultural events, and meetings during the International Youth Day.
- This year Day is about achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- It plays an important role for young people in ensuring poverty extinction and achieving sustainable development through sustainable production and consumption.
- Development and promotion of individual choices and actions that increase the eco-efficiency of consumption of all.
- It minimizes waste and pollution to achieving equitable socioeconomic development.
Slogan of IYD:
- Published on: August 15, 2016