Bhupendra Kainthola Appointed FTII Director [ Current Affairs ]
Bhupendra Kainthola, Indian Information Service officer has been appointed as Director of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). He will replace FTTI Prashant Pathrabe. He will have tenure of near about three years as director post.
About Bhupendra Kainthola:
- Bhupendra Kainthola is an ISS officer from 1989 batch.
- He completed his Masters in International Relations from the University of Mumbai.
- Earlier, he was serving as Director of News Room with DD News since January 2015.
- There he was responsible for ‘management of news operations and output’.
- Previously, he has worked with PIB, Directorate of Audio Visual Publicity (DAVP), Directorate of Film Festival (as Director, National Film Awards and Indian Panorama) and also with the Lok Sabha Television.
- FTII stands for Film and Television Institute of India.
- It is leading institute that provides training for acting, film making, video editing, direction and production.
- It was established in 1960 and is located at Pune, Maharashtra on the locations of the former Prabhat Film Company.
- It is an independent group working under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- The graduates pass out from FTTI have become technicians, actors and directors in the film and television industry.
- Published on: April 25, 2016