Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana Launched by Odisha Government [ Current Affairs ]
The Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of Odisha has launched the Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana (BKRY) with the aim to development of girls in three districts of Odisha or three years and they are:
Key features of scheme
- The main objective of scheme is to improve Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) and Child Sex Ratio (CSR) in these three districts.
- Under this scheme:
- Ensure enrolment of girls in elementary education
- Track dropout girls from schools
- Creating a better environment for them to continue their study
- Several programs will be organized to increase awareness on gender discrimination against girls, their nutrition, health and education.
- Mandatory girl’s toilets in every school along with self-defence training and promotion of access to education.
- It will also organize programs based for adolescent girls on generative and sexual health issues.
- Under this programme training of elected representatives and grassroots functionaries as community champions will also provide to girls.
- In Nayagarh, Angul, Dhenkanal and Ganjam districts had constantly decreased Child Sex Ratio from 967 in the 1991 census to 941 in the 2011 census. let’s see CSR in 1991, 2001 and 2011
- Published on: September 7, 2016