Bionic Leaf Founded by Scientists That Turns Sunshine into Liquid Fuel [ Current Affairs ]
A unique bionic leaf has been created by the team of scientists from Harvard University (United States) that uses sunlight (solar energy) to divided water particles into oxygen and hydrogen and hydrogen-eating bacteria to produce liquid fuels from CO2.
- They have named this reproduction photosynthesis device as a bionic leaf 2.0.
- The new system can change solar energy to biomass with 10 % efficiency.
- Its productivity is much challenging than the 1 % seen in the fastest growing plants.
- Scientists had recycled a new cobalt-phosphorous complex compound for this research in order to raise efficiency.
- The compound chemical strategy permits the system to self-heal i. e. doesn’t allow material to leech into solution.
- This artificial photosynthesis system can be recycled to produce operating fuels.
- This artificial leaf use solar power to divided water and make hydrogen fuel.
- Bionics is the claim of biological methods and systems establish in nature to the study and design of engineering systems and modern technology.
- In 1958 Jack E. Steele has invented bionic word probably it is invented from the technical term bio meaning ‘unit of life’ and the suffix -ic, significance ‘like’ or ‘in the manner of’, hence ‘like life’.
- In some dictionaries this worlds are being designed as a portmanteau from biology and electronics.
- The 1970s U. S. television series The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman, both based upon the novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin has promoted it which was itself subjected by Steele’s work.
- All piece humans given superhuman controls by electromechanical implantations.
- Published on: June 6, 2016