Chevalier De L’Ordre Arts Et Lettres of France Honored to Kamal Haasan [ Current Affairs ]
The prestigious Chevalier de L’Ordre Arts et Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) of France will going to be honored to Prominent film actor Kamal Haasan for his high level creative excellence and distinguished career achievements.
- With this he becomes the second Tamil actor to be chosen for this award after the legendary actor Sivaji Ganesan.
About Kamal Haasan
- He was born on 7th November 1954 in Paramakudi, Madras State as Parthasarathy in Tamil Lyengar family.
- He is film actor, director, screenwriter, producer, playback singer, choreographer, lyricist, philanthropist and dancer.
- At the age of four years he takes his first step in to his career as a child artist in the film ‘Kalathur Kannamma’ in 1959.
- Apoorva Raagangal was his first film as a leading actor in 1975 in which he played a rebellious youth in love with an older woman.
Awards and Honours:
- 4 National awards
- 19 Filmfare awards
- Padmashree in 1990
- Padmabhushan in 2014
About Chevalier de L’Ordre Arts et Lettres
- The award is an Order of France Government’s premier award “the Legion of Honour” (second highest award of France) which is conferred to artists and writers of world repute for excellent career path.
Other India recipients:
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Shah Rukh Khan
- Aishwarya Rai
- Nandita Das
- Published on: August 24, 2016