China Successfully Launches First Satellite for Mobile Telecommunication [ Current Affairs - Science & Technology ]
The first satellite for mobile telecommunication successfully launched by China. Satellite name is Tiantong-01 and this satellite was launched at southwestern China’s Xichang Satellite Launch Center with the Long March-3B carrier rocket.
- For the mobile telecom system it is the first satellite of China’s home-made.
- It’s a key part of the country’s space information infrastructure.
- It is the first satellite of China’s home-made satellite mobile telecom system.
- This satellite was design by China Academy of Space Technology (CAST) and its ground service will be operated by China Telecom.
It’s provide a different type of facility like:
- Ground facilities
- Providing services for China, Middle East, Africa and other areas
Long March -3B Carrier Rocket:
- This Rocket was produced by China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology.
- China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology known as a CALVT.
- Long March -3B Carrier Rocket was the 232 flight of the Long March series carrier rockets.
- This Rocket was the 36th launch of the Long March-3B.
- Published on: August 8, 2016