DRDO Inks MoA with IITs for Centre for Propulsion Technology [ Current Affairs ]
Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) signed among The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and IIT-Bombay and Madras to establish a bi-nodal ‘Centre of Propulsion Technology’ (CoPT) at the two institutions.
- The Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) was signed among DG DRDO S Christopher, IIT Bombay Director Prof Devang Khakharand IIT Madras Director Prof B Ramamurthi.
- The agreement object is to achieving synergy between DRDO and IITs for channelizing research efforts towards developing products and related critical aerospace technologies.
- The Centre will develop mechanisms to facilitate execution of programmes related to propulsion technology.
- The construction of this centre will attract talent to the field. The IITs faculty members that DRDO will go the extra mile in supporting the venture.
- It will also undertake advanced collaborative research in the areas of critical defence technologies.
- It will involve both IITs as primary research nodes.
- They facilitate and undertake multidisciplinary directed research in the focused areas of innovative aero engines and hypersonic propulsion for long duration flight.
About Defence Research and Development (DRDO):
- DRDO is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development.
- It’s headquartered in New Delhi.
- DRDO faithfully working towards attractive self-reliance in Defence Systems and undertakes design & development leading to production of world class weapon systems and equipment in accordance with the expressed needs.
- Published on: July 11, 2016