Diwaliben Bhil Veteran Gujarati Folk Singer is No More [ Current Affairs ]
Veteran Gujarati folk singer Diwaliben Bhil passed away in Junagadh, Gujarat at the age of 80. Diwaliben Bhil had given her voice for various Gujarati folk songs, film songs and Garba (Gujarati folk dance).
About Diwaliben Bhil:
- She was born in tribal family in Gir jungle and was married at the age of 9.
- Then at the age of 20 years she shifted to Junagadh.
- Akashwani team has found her singing talent and recorded her song when she was signing Garba in Vanzari chowk area of Junagadh and then she becomes famous.
- Then akashvani has invited her to sing and recorded her first song, ‘Ful utarya fulwadi ae re lol’.
- She didn’t take any formal education in music and singing.
- And after that she has performed on All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- Union Government had honoured her with Padma Shri award in 1991.
- Famous Gujrati songs by Diwaliben:
- Mare toddle betho mor
- Sona vatkdi re Kesar gholya
- Hoon to kagadiya lakhi lakhi thaki
- Published on: May 20, 2016