ECoR Turn into Largest Freight Loading Railway Zone of India [ Current Affairs ]
The East Coast Railway (ECoR) Zone has emerged as largest Freight Loading Railway Zone the country in year 2015 - 16 in terms of revenue loading performance. It is headquartered at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The ECoR loaded 173.49 million tonnes of freight as compared to 161.91 during the 2014 - 15, registering a 7.1 % growth during 2015 - 16.
- During the financial year 2015 - 16 the zone earned about 15978.28 crore rupees which is 14.13 % more compared to previous financial year.
- In 2014 - 15 the ECoR carried 131.2 rakes loading per day from its jurisdiction in 2015 - 16 against 122.4 rakes per day overall.
- It mainly loads coal, cement, iron ore, food grains, POL and other commodities.
About East Coast Railway (ECoR) zone
- The ECoR zone is one of the sixteen railway zones of Indian Railways.
- It was started in 1 April 2003.
- It covers most of the railway routes of the zone which are near to the east coast of India.
- It covers around 273 railway station.
- The ECoR zone is divided in 3 divisions:
- Khurda Road
- The geographical authority of ECoR zone extends over three states which are:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Published on: April 8, 2016