Electronic Maintenance Management System of Indian Air Force Has Been Launched [ Current Affairs ]
Electronic Maintenance Management System (e-MMS) Project, an automated military maintenance system of Indian Air Force has been launched by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha at the Air Force Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The e-MMS project is one of the biggest Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) IT carrying out in the world.
- Wipro the Indian IT colossal has been designed and established the project.
- In 2013 IAF had inked the contract for the project e-MMS with Wipro as a System Integrator (SI).
- The e-MMS system has a vital comfort that will help IAF to become rid of paper works and heavy record book.
- It aims to flawlessly join squadrons, wings, commands, and Air Headquarters after its implementation.
- It will alter IAF’s paper-based legacy conservation system to an online system as it will be executed in IAF’s hierarchy and functioning.
- It will help to convert work atmosphere of IAF to turn out to be more effectual and also help to screen the operative obtainability of all fleets and systems in real time at numerous hierarchical levels.
- Wipro Limited is an Indian Multinational Information Technology Services company.
- Its headquartered is located at Bangalore, India.
- Wipro demerged its non-IT businesses into separate companies to bring in more focus on self-governing businesses in 2013.
- Wipro’s market capitalization was $45 Billion, creation it one of India’s major publicly exported companies and seventh largest IT Corporation in the World As of Dec 2015.
- Published on: May 13, 2016