First Ever White Tiger Safari of World Has Been Opened in Madhya Pradesh [ Current Affairs ]
First ever White Tiger Safari of World was inaugurated at Mukundpur in Satna district of Madhya Pradesh. It was inaugurated and opened for public by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The first of its kind safari is situated next to to the Mukundpur Zoological Park.
It built at cost of 50 crore rupees and spread over an area of 25 hectares.
The safari houses have three white tigers with two females named Vindhya and Radha and one male named Raghu.
- In 1915 the first white tiger in Madhya Pradesh was spotted in Vindhya region.
- But in 1951 the rare breed of the big cat spotted for first time died.
- A white tiger cub named Mohan was caught by Rewa Maharaja Martand Singh in 1951.
- Later after the Maharaja arranged for its breeding the cub later became the progenitor of all known white tigers in the world.
White Tigers in India:
- It is a skin-coloring different of the Bengal tiger.
- They have been re-counted in the wild from time to time in the Indian states of Assam, West Bengal, and Bihar.
- Because lack of the pigment pheomelanin these tigers have white fur, which is found in Bengal tigers with orange colour fur.
- Published on: April 5, 2016