For Krishna-Godavari Basin Project, ONGC gets Environmental Clearance [ Current Affairs ]
For Krishna-Godavari (KG) basin project in Andhra Pradesh state government has permitted Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC). And for this project ONGC will allowed to 45 development wells and other related structure will cost over 53, 000 crore rupees at offshore KG-DWN-98/2 block.
- ONGC requested for Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) clearance, approval from Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) for commencement of drilling.
- It also requested to comply with all recommendations and conditions specified by Andhra Pradesh Coastal Zone Management Authority.
- KG-DWN-98/2 block is situated inside 25 - 80 km from nearest coast and covers an area of 7, 294.6 sq. km.
- And the drilling in this block is expected to produce 51.33 billion cubic meters (bcm) of gas over a period of 16 years and 26.71 million cubic meters (mcm) of oil in 12 years.
- ONGC will drill all 45 development wells in this block and also set up a FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading) facility.
- It will also develop subsea manufacture systems, offshore fixed platform and subsea pipelines connecting landfall which is point to existing onshore terminal of GAIL India Ltd.
- Published on: January 25, 2016