For monitoring Watershed Projects NABARD inks MoU with NRSC [ Current Affairs ]
For web-based monitoring of watershed projects National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hyderabad-based National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC).
- And according to this MoU Web-based monitoring will be started for India-German Watershed Development (IGWDP) projects in three states like Rajasthan, Gujarat and Telangana.
- And for that on Bhuvan web-portal NRSC will create a separate page for NABARD and for real time monitoring projects they also develop customized software tool and mobile application.
- It will also add extra feature in this page to get full track of online comparison and visualization with respect to activities implemented in the projects sanctioned by NABARD.
- To report problems related to monitoring watershed projects in remote areas, apart from digitization of the impact of watershed interventions for long term usage, NABARD will use this web-based monitoring technology.
- By providing funds under Watershed Development Fund (WDF) NABARD will only assists the watershed projects of Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- It was established in 12th July 1982.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is an apex development bank in India, having headquarters in Mumbai (Maharashtra) and other branches are all over the country.
- Published on: January 8, 2016