For the first time in India Telangana has made gender education compulsory at graduate level [ Current Affairs ]
By introduce compulsory gender education at the graduate level, Telangana has become the first State in India to introduce it. For this state government has introduced fluent textbook ‘Towards a World of Equals’ on a pilot basis in engineering colleges associated to the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU-Hyderabad).
Features of gender education textbook
- It includes deliberates gender in its complex form without limiting itself to crime against women without repeating gender categorization.
- It also includes complex subjects like male-female relationships and female-centric history.
- Its level is structured as simple as possible which can easily understand by under-graduates.
- It also contains discussion about different strands of women’s movements across the world along with political movements of Afro-American, African, Caribbean, minority and Dalit women.
About gender education:
- It is a type of sex discrimination in the education system touching both men and women when they are studying or after their educational experiences.
- Men are more likely to be well-educated on a global average, although women are more prevalent at higher education in some countries.
- Though the gender education the problem of gender gap can be solve probably.
- At graduate level students are able to understand this and after this they can take step to solve this problem.
- Published on: January 13, 2016