From SU-30 MKI Aircraft First Flight of BrahMos Missile Successfully Launched [ Current Affairs ]
For the first time BrahMos Aerospace successfully demonstrated combination of the world’s most formidable supersonic journey missile system BrahMos on the Sukhoi SU-30 MKI fighter aircraft. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) Nasik separation directed a test flight of a 2, 500 kg supersonic BrahMos missile joined with SU-30 MKI aircraft at its Nasik airport.
- With the successful combination of BrahMos missile system with Su-30 MKI aircraft
- The first air force in the world in procession of a supersonic cruise missile system is Indian Air Force (IAF) with a long range fighter aircraft.
- IAF also inspired few phases closer towards actual test shooting when a 2.5 tonnes supersonic BrahMos air-to-ground missile from the Su-30 MKI.
- The powerful supersonic BrahMos rocket will permit the IAF to penetrate deep confidential the enemy territory to transport a terminal blow to their vital connections from stand-off ranges.
- The Sukhoi-BrahMos mixture will also help IAF to transmit air contest operations indoors and outside visibility range.
About BrahMos missile
- BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture of India and Russia has developed and designed a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
- Missile’s name was given from the names of two rivers, India’s Brahmaputra River and Russia’s Moskva River.
- It has top supersonic promptness of Mach 2.8 and is accomplished of carrying a missile of 300 kilogram.
- The first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant and it is two-stage missile.
- It can strike a board at maximum range of 290 km.
- Published on: June 28, 2016