G Satheesh Reddy: First IEI-IEEE Award Winner [ Current Affairs ]
Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy the senior DRDO scientist has won the first IEI-IEEE Award for Engineering Excellence for his important national contributions in missiles and aerospace technologies.
- Institution of Engineers (India) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Asia Pacific region has presented this award to Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy during the 50th anniversary of latter’s.
About G Satheesh Reddy
- Reddy is a Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister and DRDO’s DG (Missiles & Strategic Systems) and he is a renowned aerospace and navigation scientist.
- He also had served as Director of the Research Centre Imarat (RCI) the key laboratory of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
- For Indian Missiles, he has founded many technological developments.
- He had headed Indian development of denied sensor and avionics technologies related to Indian missile navigation and also had contributed in successful flight testing of the country’s maiden intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) Agni-V mission.
- He is also qualified with development of the Medium Range Surface-to-Air Weapon System (MRSAM) and has guided the first bomb of India.
- He was the first Indian who gets fellowship from Royal Institute of Navigation in 2015.
- Published on: August 30, 2016