Ganga Gram Yojana has been launched by Union Government [ Current Affairs ]
To develop 1600 villages in Uttar Pradesh (UP) which are located near the banks of Ganga River, Union Government has launched Ganga Gram Yojana. The scheme was launched by the Uma Bharti Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has launched this scheme at Puth village in Hapur district of UP.
About Ganga Gram Yojana
- At the initial level of this Ganga Gram Yojana scheme 200 villages from UP have been selected.
- And the open drains discharging from this selected village which is release in to river Ganga will be diverted to sewage treatment facility.
- Approximately one crore rupees will be spend for each village under this project by Government.
- Every householder must have functional toilets according to this scheme.
- According to this program the selected village will developed on Sichewal model (Village in Punjab) which is based on cooperation of the villagers for water management and waste disposal.
- With the aim to fast track implementation of Namami Gange Programme Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation also arranged the first company of Ganga Task force Battalion.
- The Namami Gange was deployed at Garhmukteshwar town in Hapur district of UP.
- Published on: January 8, 2016